Sunday, September 13, 2009

Culmination of Week Two.

1.5 pounds heavier.


Fuuuuuuck!

I am sorry. I really am.
There's never need for profanity...

EXCEPT THERE IS.
There totally is. Because did you read? I am 1.5 pounds heavier.

Uggh.

I think the worst part is, is that I am not sure what I am doing wrong.
I work out regularly (except for Friday, when there was one impossible couch involved).
I am eating around 1200-1400 calories a day, all of which is low-glycemic and whole grain.
And I drink an incredible amount of water.


Okay, okay.
So here I am.
I am discouraged, I'm not gonna lie.
I can't help but think that all of this is not worth it.

Okay.
But here I am, not giving up.
Because there is a part of me, just a small part, a quiet and meek voice that gets entirely drowned out by the part of me that's screaming profanities- whispering to me in its small way,
It's Okay. Keep Going. This is not the end. This is Just One Week.
Work Harder and Don't Give Up.

And if I'm honest with myself, which I am so trying to be, there are things I can do differently.


Soooo... this week I will focus on those things.
I will add 10 minutes to my gym time.
And I won't beat myself up over 1.5 pounds.

Some things I can let rule my life; my family, my love, my passion.

And some things I won't let have so much weight (so to speak).

Here's to a better week!

"You have to exercise for a week to work off the thigh fat from a single Snickers."

-Albert Einstein (not kidding, he did actually say this).