Sunday, September 6, 2009

Culmination of Week One.

4 pounds lighter.

Woooo!

That was hard to write, because I am not really that jazzed about it.

And this is why.
The last time I was on a diet, was when I was 15.
Did you catch that? I'll say it again.
The last time I was on a diet, was when I was 15.
It's true. After that, I just sort of lived fatly, and didn't complain enough to do anything about it.

Anyways, being a 15 year old, my metabolism was at its peak, and I had no idea. I thought losing 9 lbs a week was the norm.

NOT the norm Tess! Not the norm!

But from a tiny place in my heart, probably the same place I squeeze out my daily dose of willpower- there is still an urge to celebrate.
So I'm embracing that urge...

Wooooo! (this time, that exclamation mark was a little more genuine.)

"You have to exercise for a week to work off the thigh fat from a single Snickers."

-Albert Einstein (not kidding, he did actually say this).